Tuesday, March 3, 2009

NY Fashion Week Here I Come!

It's official! I have been published in "The Look" column of the Towerlight!!
Check out the article, picures and videos below:

The Look: The high fashion experience

By: Kaitlin Bulavinetz
Tears welled up in my eyes and waves of lightheadedness pulsed through my brain. I knew if I fainted it would defeat my entire purpose of coming to New York for the day, but then again, if I created a scene maybe Anna Wintour would notice me! I craftily secured a spot in the standing section at the Diane Von Furstenberg Fall 2009 fashion show during New York Fashion Week in Bryant Park, and even though I was one of the people farthest away from the runway, as far as I was concerned, I had the best spot in the house.
From my perch high above the industry elite, I witnessed the pages of my favorite fashion magazine spring to life.
The first techno beat blasted through the speakers and the vibrations rattled the walls as the first model and subsequent others pranced across the runway. Each look consisted of a dramatic pile of leggings, dresses, sweaters, hats and scarves in neutral colors and patterns (predominately black) with pops of bright colors. Flamboyant hats covered in brightly colored textured pom-poms and sky-high black platform sandals under black crew socks emphasized the imaginative aspect of each ensemble.
Without a doubt, Furstenberg's creations not only are dramatic, but when assessed individually, are more than friendly to the average shopper. Furstenberg's collection is appropriately titled "Nomad" and centered around her idea that "wherever she goes, she belongs… her clothes are her friends" meaning each piece can be worn anywhere in the world, at any time of day and flatter the wearer, effortlessly crossing the border of runway to reality.
As I peered down at the dream unfolding below me, I recognized editors Carnie Roitfeld of "Vogue Paris," Michael Wolff of "Vanity Fair" and Anna Wintour of "American Vogue." During the show, I viewed Wintour's casual elegance as she applauded and embraced the most surreal moments to me as simultaneously routine and professional. On the catwalk, some of the nation's top models glided along. Chanel Iman and Coco Rocha, both of whom graced the cover of my favorite issue of "Vogue," May 2007, respectively wore a leopard velvet sheath and black knit with leather trim sweater. Karlie Kloss who is infamous on the runway for her death stare and was featured on the cover of "Teen Vogue" along with Chanel Iman last spring, wore a sunset plaid mohair jacket. These models and others glided down the U-shaped runway focusing expression-less faces at the wall of cameras, without so much as glancing at the infamous fashion industry legends that lined the catwalk.
The Diane Von Furstenberg fall 2009 collection is a must see. Every piece is unique, edgy, artistic and wearable.
It is true that if these pieces are in your closet you will not simply view them as clothes but as your friends.
The Look: The high fashion experience - Life






























No comments:

Post a Comment