Monday, December 13, 2010

Walk This Way...to Final exams?

Shopping for school sneakers is typically a back to school activity. However, nothing will put a pep in your steps to final exams like a new pair of Vans.

I have longed for my own pair ever since arriving at the University of Maryland last year. On my treks to class, I gaze longingly at the passing feet dreaming of my own perfect pair that would reflect my sense of style.

However, it was only until two weekends before finals when I first gazed at the Vans Herringbone Era ($52) on the company's website. I would have bought them at the store the next day but alas, they did not have my size. When I came home the following weekend to study, Surprise! They were waiting for me as a good luck present. The herringbone patter brings sophistication to the sneakers known for their casual beach aesthetic. I replaced the white shoe laces with a grey pair (about $2) for a more urban vibe.

No comments:

Post a Comment